It's nice to meet you!
If we haven't met already, I'm Aniela Codita, Style Coach at The Style Upgrade, Certified Image Consultant & Makeup Artist.
I help men and women make more deliberate decisions in terms of personal image and style so that they can feel and look good, achieve their goals and live more fulfilling lives.
I wasn't always as personal image savvy as I am now though, and I struggled for years to find a balance between trends and individuality that felt right for me before I finally understood the key to creating successful outfits for every occasion.
I used to go shopping with my elder sister and friends. It was always fun and exciting to discover the latest fashion trends together while sharing our likes and dislikes. But most importantly, we were honest and knew each other so well that picking what looked like us and what made us look and feel great was as easy as pie.
Everything changed when I moved to Italy. With a new lifestyle in a foreign country, I felt the need to reinvent myself, so I started doing some research which, in time, took me to study personal image and style. It all began as a hobby that helped me fulfil some personal needs but then I felt the urge to share the information with other people who could have found themselves in the same situation. The blog I started when I was still at the beginning was a nice way to do so but the personal image consultant certification gave me the confidence to offer professional services and resources.
I wanted people who feel confused and overwhelmed with the infinite range of options in terms of clothing and makeup to feel empowered and confident when it comes to their image and this is how The Style Upgrade was born. My goal is to help men and women to experience joy, self-acceptance, safety, confidence and elegance and to love their body just the way it is so that they can achieve their personal and professional goals and live more fulfilling lives.
A lot has changed in the past few years and here is some good news:
- fashion, personal style and image consultancy are not only for the rich and the famous anymore;
- with social media and an increased variety of social contexts, many styles have been accepted;
- digital tools allow high-quality materials and services to be delivered in a timely and cost-effective manner;
- online communication helps both professionals and customers to save time and energy;
- Internet helps us to keep in touch constantly, no matter where we are;
- translation and graphics tools help us to clearly illustrate and explain our ideas, expectations and solutions;
- with social distancing or normal life, online tools and materials are always available;
- the Internet allows us to reach literally anyone, including the professional that best meets our needs;
- the Internet also allows us to access online style resources literally anytime.
At the same time, however...
- the amount of information on topics like fashion and style seems infinite;
- fashion and style tips that can be found online are often contradictory and confusing;
- it's difficult to tell the difference between professional advice and advertising content;
- the variety of products available on the market (online tools, apps, garments, accessories, skincare, makeup, etc.) is overwhelming.
What you should keep in mind:
- you are the only person able to tell what you need and what makes you feel good;
- while an expert can provide you with valuable insights, you still need to commit to your own change;
- any kind of change has to be desired in order to be successfully implemented;
- openness and vulnerability are part of the process;
- you can’t tell if something works or not until you give it a try;
- fashion and style have to be fun;
- fashion and style do not replace each other;
- personal image is a lifelong work in progress;
- practice makes confident.
Stick with me, you're in good hands!
The three-step process plan to enhance your appearance
Myths and other concerns:
- Focusing on your appearance is superfluous.
- Focusing on your appearance gives you a sense of self and an opportunity to learn new things about yourself.
- Looking for a job is more relevant than pulling together new outfits during a global pandemic.
- Looking for a job while having a professional outfit ready for the interview is a smart move that gives you some advantage in front of the increasing competition even during a pandemic.
- Nobody cares about the way you look as long as you are single.
- An improved personal image increases your chances to meet someone.
- If you don’t have a job anymore, there’s no need for you to project a professional image anymore.
- Maintaining a professional image helps you find new opportunities or new clients for your own business.
Here are some advantages of a personal image that is in alignment with who you are:
1. You feel more confident.
2. Your ideas start being listened to and you start receiving external support.
3. You stay present and focused on your tasks instead of worrying about your appearance or feeling uncomfortable.
4. You look good, feel good and are authentically you.
5. You communicate better and achieve your goals while building better relationships along the way.
Now that we are on the same page, I invite you to join the community
so that you can start developing your personal style straight away!